It was built by the Order of Saint John in 1715–1716 as one of a series of coastal fortifications around the coasts of the Maltese Islands. Most of the battery was destroyed over time, but the blockhouse still exists. It is now open to the public as the Tunnara Museum, a museum about tuna fishing.
map and directions
food and drinks